Yair Mor's Blog!

The chronicles of an animator, 3D artist and illustrator

New VFX test: The Scanners from Prometheus

Hi y’all. It’s been a while (as usual). This time I share with you a small test I made using 3dsmax and After Effects. I tried imitating the cave scanners used by the characters in Prometheus. The result is not similar, and I had to deviate from the original idea to emphasize the actual effect.

The live footage was shot using my phone’s (HTC One X) front camera. It was shot in Ben-Gurion University. The location was picked up by my girlfriend, Rinat, who is also the girl that appears in the video. So many kudos go to her.

The effect was partly done in 3dsmax and composed using After Effects. I will upload a breakdown soon.

Below is a screenshot of the effect from the original film.

« Previous post

Leave a Reply